(7) The Crown Chakra: This chakra as the name implies is located around the crown of the head, and relates to Consciousness as pure awareness. The Crown chakra is our Divine connection to the inner realms of reality, to a timeless, spaceless place of all-knowing. When well developed this chakra brings us knowledge, wisdom, understanding, Spiritual connection, and bliss.
(6) The Brow (Third Eye) Chakra: This chakra is located directly between the eyebrows and is often known as the “third eye”. It is related to the ability of seeing, both psychically and intuitively, being closely associated with “clairvoyance” or “clear seeing”. A clairvoyant can perceive, usually visually within the “Minds eye” inner realms of reality beyond the physical world, particularly the Astral worlds, and can also perceive things in the physical world beyond the reach of the normal five physical senses.
Thousands of years ago everyone had a highly developed brow chakra thereby enabling the people of the time to maintain full contact with, and awareness of the inner realms of life and reality. Over the course of tens of thousands of years however, as mankind has become increasingly focussed upon the material world of the five physical senses, the perception and use of the brow chakra has steadily diminished to the point where it is unfortunately largely unknown and unused today. It is however quite possible to redevelop the brow chakra to the level of clairvoyance and other related abilities, as we will discuss later.
(5) The Throat Chakra: This chakra as the name suggests is located in the region of the throat and is related to communication and creativity. By means of the throat chakra the world is experienced symbolically through vibration, for example as the vibration of sound representing language. It is also therefore the chakra of “listening” to the inner realms by means of the more subtle vibration of communications. The mediumship ability known as “the direct voice” involves physically audible, often even loud communications from the Astral worlds utilising ectoplasm in conjunction with the throat chakra as the gateway to produce the “Spirit voices” which can be physically heard, often very loudly and clearly without any special equipment.
(4) The Heart Chakra: This is the middlemost of the major chakras and the lowest forming part of the upper triangle of chakra’s associated with connections with the inner realms. This triangle of chakras encompasses the crown, brow and heart chakras. The heart chakra is related to love and is also the integrator of opposites in the psyche; the Mind and body, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity. A healthy heart chakra allows people to love deeply and unconditionally, feel compassion, and enjoy a deep sense of peace, contentment and centeredness.
The heart has always been a symbol of love in many cultures, often depicted by a representation of a physical red heart in a characteristic shape. Emotions people associate with the physical heart, in particular love, are actually originating from the heart chakra of the Energy Body, and not from the physical heart organ itself as most people might suppose.
(3) The Solar Plexus (Navel) Chakra: This chakra, often known as the “power chakra” is located in the region of the solar plexus or navel and is another of the major and very important chakra.. It rules personal power, will and autonomy as well as metabolism. When healthy, the solar plexus chakra brings Energy, effectiveness, spontaneity and non-dominating power. The solar plexus chakra is also connected with the Ether, known as the Akasha in far Eastern cultures, and is a receiver of intuition from the Spirit worlds and Higher Self. Many people will recall occasions when they have thought about something and have instantly received a strange feeling in the area of the lower stomach as a direct result. People often refer to having such experiences as having a “gut feeling”, a “sinking feeling” or other sensation in the area of the stomach. This is a inner communication by way of intuition and impressions originating in the inner realms or from the Higher Self, and is a confirmation or warning about a thought within the Mind. It can therefore be a positive “gut feeling” or a negative “gut feeling”. Whichever type of feeling it is, the person experiencing such a feeling would do very well indeed to take full heed of the feeling and therefore message received, and proceed accordingly. This is because the solar plexus chakra, the “sun center” is our emotional connection with the Inner Universe and Higher-Self.
(2) The Sacral (Genital) Chakra: This chakra is located around the region of the groin, and as with other chakras is associated with feelings, and it is related to the water element is associated with sexuality. It connects people to others through feelings, desires and sensations. Ideally this chakra brings to us fluidity and grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfilment and the ability to accept change. This is also the chakra of sexual desire and physical reproduction.
(1) The Root (Tail) Chakra: This chakra is located at the base of the spine. It represents the Earth element and is related to survival instincts, to the sense of grounding and connection to the physical body and world. Ideally this chakra also brings the possibilities of good health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence.