Video series about healing foods and superfoods and how they empower your body to heal itself. Presented by Jeff Primack, founder of Supreme Science Qigong Center and author of Conquering ANY Disease. For more information visit http://www.Qigong.com
More info: http://www.thepeopleschemist.com Award winning drug chemist Shane Ellison dicusses using turmeric as a first line of defense against cancer on the Creative Living Show with host Sheryl Borden. Traditional chemotherapy is compared to natural cancer cures. Curcumin’s power to correct cell signaling messages and induce suicide of rogue cancer cells is explained.
Andreas talks about how using Turmeric (haldi) can help prevent and even cure cancer, it is used in Indian cooking and is yellow in color. To know more about Andreas, please visit http://www.ener-chi.com . To read the entire interview transcript click here: http://wp.me/p1Rv6p-gT
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Tumeric has been used for over 2500 years in India, where it was most likely first used as a dye.
The medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer. [Tumeric can also kill the most aggressive form of brain tumor cancer and has cured pancreatic cancer.]
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.
Once you start using turmeric on a regular basis, it’s fun to find new ways to use it in recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a pinch of it to egg salad. It adds a nice flavor and gives the egg salad a rich yellow hue.
Contraindications: Turmeric should not be used by people with gallstones or bile obstruction. Though turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to consult with a doctor before doing so as turmeric can be a uterine stimulant.
Ready to buy turmeric supplements or powder? Check out our 7 Best Turmeric Supplements article and our 6 Best Turmeric Powder Brands to help you decide which ones are right for you.